Skip to main content
January 19th Phase 4 – All students return to in-person instruction
- Bring PSD laptop, charger, and books
- Students may arrive between 8:35 and 8:50. (8:30 if eating school breakfast)
- Students will walk to the exterior classroom door and stand on painted dots.
- Teachers will open exterior doors and welcome students starting at 8:35. As soon as they enter the building, students will place their belongings at desks and begin handwashing.
- Breakfast is free to all students until the end of the school year.
- Breakfast is available from 8:30 – 8:50. Students will pick up a bagged meal from the Flex Room doors at the front of the Lopez and then follow the directions above. School breakfast will be eaten in the classroom.
- If you arrive after 8:50, bring your student to the front office and sign them in.
- Wear a mask and avoid gathering in groups when on the school property. The playground is
- closed before school.
- Staggered dismissal begins at 3:28. Announcements will be made for each group, ending at 3:35.
- Group 1 – Bus and daycare van riders exit through the interior of the building.
- Group 2 – Students picking up siblings exit through exterior doors. They walk around the outside of the building to their meeting spot.
- Group 3 – Students being picked up by an adult exit through exterior doors.
- Group 4 – Students attending AlphaBest walk through the interior of the building to the Flex Room.
- Group 5 – Students walking or riding home independently exit through exterior doors.
- Wear a mask and immediately exit the school grounds. The playground is closed after school.
- Desks are spaced 3 – 6 feet apart, facing the same direction.
- Masks are always to be worn indoors. Please send your child with a back-up.
- Students will keep their personal belongings at their seats. We are not using hallway coat racks.
- Teachers will minimize the use of shared materials. Any shared items will be disinfected between student use.
- Students will transition from classrooms to specials and recess on the exterior of the building.
- The exception is on inclement weather days that meet our criteria for indoor recess.
- Specials (Art, Music, PE) will occur in the specials classrooms or outside, weather permitting.
- To reduce contacts of staff and students, classes will attend a special for a week at a time before rotating to the next.
- Classes will have Tech specials one day per week. Tech will be taught in the library using students’ assigned district devices.
- Students will wear masks at recess. This is a key change from Phase 3 procedures.
- Each classroom will have its own recess zone on the playground. There will be a rotation schedule so that all students get to play in different areas over time.
- There will be a designated mask break area for each playground zone. Students may remove their masks when standing on painted dots in the break area.
- Each classroom has its own playground equipment e.g. balls, jump ropes. Equipment will be disinfected after each recess.
- Students will wash hands when re-entering the classroom.
Health and Safety
- In accordance with health department guidance, small group interventions may include students from different classrooms. Social distancing of 6 or more feet will be maintained during mixed intervention groups.
- Staff working with small groups will take additional precautions, such as wearing a face shield. Intervention areas will be sanitized between groups.
- Please immediately notify the front office at 488-8805 of any potential COVID exposure or symptoms.
- Elementary schools are shifting to “Enhanced Contact Tracing”. If a student tests positive for COVID, the entire classroom will quarantine for 10 days. This is a key change from Phase 3.
- There will be a one-day transition for a quarantining classroom. There will be no instruction that day to allow time for families to pick up devices and other materials.
- We will notify you as soon as possible if your child needs to quarantine. This may be a quick transition, so please plan ahead for changes in child care, etc.
- Please bring school issued devices and chargers back to school on January 19.
- New Chromebooks have arrived! All students in K – 5 will now have individual devices.
- Laptops will stay at school. If a class needs to quarantine, we will check out devices as needed for instruction.